Include! 2023 speakers and programme
The speakers at Include 2023 conference range from legal experts to accessible publishing specialists and cutting edge technology inventors.
The conference takes place on April 24-25, 2023.
On Monday 24th the event will start at 12.30 CEST. The registration desk is open from 10.30 am and there will be a light complimentary lunch available. The first day will end with some snacks and drinks at 17.30 CEST. Online stream is on from 12.30 to 17.00.
Confirmed speakers for Monday:
- Elin Cullhed, (Sweden), award-winning author of “Euphoria” will talk about reading and writing as life-changing experiences.
- Inmaculada Placencia Porrero, Senior expert at the European Commission will discuss the intentions and implications of the European Accessibility Act.
- Panel discussion with represetatives from the Nordic Publishing Industry (Bonnierförlagen (Sweden), Aalto art books (Finland), TBA , about possibilities and challenges with accessible publishing.
- Gautier Chomel, Accessibility expert at EDRLab (France) will tackle the big topic with the presentation “How to cope with backlist titles? ABELab, a research and development project”.
- Maija Lähteenmäki, Publishing Editor at Aalto art books, (Finland) reminds us that accessibility is also editor’s business.
- Gregorio Pellegrino, Chief Accessibility Officer at Fondazione LIA (Italy) will discuss “Accessible fixed layout books: dream or reality?”
- Richard Orme, CEO of the Daisy Consortium, (United Kingdom) will reflect on the development of accessible digital publishing.
Tuesday 25th is for the onsite participation only, no live stream will be available. The day will start with some coffee at 9 CEST. There will be workshops, discussions and demos until afternoon. We’ll wrap up at approximately 14.30-15.00 CEST.
Some confirmed topics and speakers for Tuesday:
- Meet the Readers: an unique opportunity to meet the readers who use different tools and assistive technology to access literature.
- Gautier Chomel, EDRLab: A digital innovation laboratory for the publishing industry focusing on users needs.
- Richard Orme, What’s in the toolbox? Learn more about useful tools and programmes for ensuring the accessibility of your epubs.
- Ulrica Leijbro, Eva Bengtsson och Catinka Grunditz, MTM, Learn how to write efficient image descriptions/alt texts for different genres.